- White vinegar
- Organic oranges, lemons, or grapefruit
- Jar of your choice (reuse one you already have)
- Wash and peel the fruit
- Pack the peels in the clean jar
- Pour warmed vinegar over the peels, just to cover the top.
- Place the lid on and set the jar outside in warm weather months or on the south facing window during the cold weather.
- Allow the energy of the sun to extract the essential oils and impart in the vinegar. You may want to shake it around every once in a while, but isn't necessary.
- After 1 week, pour off the infused vinegar and store in a glass jar until ready to use
- Use the peels to clean your garbage disposal (only a few at at time or it may clog) freeze the remainder peels in ice cube trays with water for future disposal cleaning.
Happy Sunday everyone. I hope your weekend was fantastic, and overflowing with love, family, & friendship.
As a small business owner, working long, sometimes lonely, hours is par for the course. The drive to succeed, the passion to make a difference in the lives of others, often leaves us exhausted, wiped out, and brain dead.
Now let's replay this, take out small business owner and add in your place in life. Maybe you are a single Mother or Dad. Maybe you are a grandmother raising your grandchildren, possibly a college student, or family man. The fact is, most of us strive for the same things in life; to make a difference. For others to know we care, we love, and that we work hard to impact the lives of those around us for the better. Sometimes it finds us feeling disconnected and out of sorts.
It can be overwhelming, and downright scary at times. Making sacrificial choices that may prevent us from experiencing some of life's lovelier moments. This is temporary, or it can be. We have the opportunity to create special moments with our loved ones. Just pencil them in your planner like you do for everything else in your life. Yes, sometimes we do have to schedule fun into our daily lives. This works great if you are the type that needs structure. If spontaneity is your game then, you should have no problem, just get after it.
We have all heard the saying, All work and no play makes for a sad day... or something similar. Couples are encouraged to have a date night. I have seen others plan a special outing for some quality alone time for each child when there are multiple siblings. It is a chance to stay connected, it is important to remain connected.
It is hard work keeping those family priorities, along with everything else we do, but oh so worth it.
Hard work doesn't guarantee success, but improves it's chances.
~ B.L. Gupta
I added this one because I really like it.
To be successful, the first thing to so is to fall in love with your work.
~Sister Mary Lauretta
What do you do to remain connected with your family?
- There are 5 more Saturdays until Christmas. Don't panic. The stress isn't worth it.
- Small Business Saturday began in 2010 to help bring recognition to small businesses during the Christmas gift buying season. Sandwiched between Black Friday sales, the day after Thanksgiving, and Cyber Monday, for online e-commerce shop owners. This year it is November 28th. Be sure to support and shop at your local community establishments.
- Saturday was named after the planet Saturn, which was named after the Roman Mythology God Saturn.
- With the Rhyme of Monday's Child, "Saturday's child works hard for a living" So I reiterate to please support your local shops. We all will thank you.
- Saturday is considered the party night: Saturday Night Live, Saturday Night Fever.
- Years ago, Saturday was the time in the week to take a bath. Sure glad this practice has changed.