A Smattering Of Saturday Trivia
Posted on November 14, 2015 by 53989290 | 2 comments
Hi Everyone, It's Saturday evening and just returning from dinner with friends. As I sit her in front of this computer screen, scrolling through memories of today, to find something of value that may be of interest to you today. Several things have crossed my mind and I may have a smattering of little things, trivia of sorts.
- There are 5 more Saturdays until Christmas. Don't panic. The stress isn't worth it.
- Small Business Saturday began in 2010 to help bring recognition to small businesses during the Christmas gift buying season. Sandwiched between Black Friday sales, the day after Thanksgiving, and Cyber Monday, for online e-commerce shop owners. This year it is November 28th. Be sure to support and shop at your local community establishments.
- Saturday was named after the planet Saturn, which was named after the Roman Mythology God Saturn.
- With the Rhyme of Monday's Child, "Saturday's child works hard for a living" So I reiterate to please support your local shops. We all will thank you.
- Saturday is considered the party night: Saturday Night Live, Saturday Night Fever.
- Years ago, Saturday was the time in the week to take a bath. Sure glad this practice has changed.